Here are the important points to remember:
- Card costs 4000 Rs to buy or we can get it on a rental basis. I'd suggest you to take card on the rental basis (550 Rs per month + 200 Rs rent). But intially you got to pay 1562 Rs it includes deposit and installations charges.
- BSNL says they are providing 2 mb/s unlimited but most of the towers in hyderabad are still 140 KB/s. They are saying, all the towers will be upgraded to 2 mb/ps in 3-6 months.
- Coverage of the towers is still a problem. I am using it in Banjara Hills, here the signal is good but in Masab tank and other interior areas its very poor.
Bottom Line: Don't expect too much from EV-DO as of now, better wait for few more month(s).
Disclaimer: The coverage info is totally based on my research in the city (Hyderabad), It may wary.
I appreciate all your feedback, after few months of usage I thought I should post the recent update, how its working currently.
Following things are improved:
1. Signals: Signals are improved now, and I get full signals and light is always green most of the time, which is very important to get good speed.
3. Can connect to VPN without any issues.
4. Speed is improved, now I get avg download speed of 40 KB/s (as shown in the image) and Torrent speed of 70 KB/s, again this may vary based on signals.
Share your thoughts on the recent updates!!